Welcome to CommunityFunded!
NOTICE CONCERNING YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS:
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. When we combine Personal Information with other information (i.e., information that does not, on its own, identify you), we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
2. How We Collect and Use Personal Information
Information that You Provide Us
We collect and use Personal Information in various ways depending on the context and the particular Service. For example, on our website, we collect contact information from you if you wish to sign up for our newsletter. As another example, if you make a donation to a crowdfunding project powered by our Service, we process the Personal Information you provide to facilitate the donation. In other words, we process Personal Information with your consent; as necessary to provide the Service; or for our, our clients’, or our users’ legitimate interests, such as:
- Enabling secure use of the Service (e.g., log-in for secure areas; account recovery services);
- Helping the leaders of crowdfunding projects better analyze the source of donations to support raising money for their causes;
- Processing donations on behalf of the crowdfunding initiatives that we serve (through PCI-compliant processing gateways offered by third-party service providers);
- Showing you social gratitude for a donation (if you provide us with a social media handle);
- Responding to inquiries regarding the Service;
- As necessary to meet legal obligations;
- For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
Information We Receive from Your Use of the Services
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Service:
Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Log File Information
When you use our Service, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Service), number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names associated with your internet service provider, pages viewed, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Service to further our legitimate interests in securing the Service by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities, and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Service to improve the Service’s function and content.
To help personalize our Service and to better understand the demographics of users of our Service and donors, we may use information derived from your IP address to estimate your location (roughly at the precision of your zip code). If we require access to more precise location data to provide you a certain feature (e.g., to help you identify nearby opportunities), we will only access your device’s location in accordance with the consent that you provide through your browser or device, which you may revoke at any time by following the instructions provided by your browser or device manufacturer.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
- Our Clients. Because we provide Services for the benefit of our clients, our clients, and other end users will have access to use Personal Information in accordance with their privacy policies (usually published on the client-branded website using our Service).
- Business Partners. We may sell or provide the information you give us, including Personal Information, to third parties. Although we take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our business partners comply with their legal obligations with respect to Personal Information, we cannot control—and are not responsible for—their use of information after we receive it.
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Service. A list of third-party service providers is available upon request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Advertisers. We may share certain information with advertising partners to enable them to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. You may find out more about your choices by using the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page located at www.aboutads.info/choices and the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page located at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of CommunityFunded or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Service, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
4. Personal Information Transferred from Outside the U.S.
5. How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. Children’s Privacy
CommunityFunded does not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child without parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
7. Your Data Subject Rights
If you would like to access, amend, erase, export (i.e., data portability), or object to or restrict the processing of, Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws. When we process Personal Information about you on behalf of a client, we must act on our client’s instructions—including with regard to how to respond to your request. Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
8. Opting Out of Receiving Email Communications
With your permission, we may send notifications, newsletters, promotions, or other information via email (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive. Please note that certain Service-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Service and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
9. Retention of Personal Information
10. Other Websites and Services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Service, including the information or content contained within them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your Personal Information to third parties, including social media sites on which you choose to share your CommunityFunded content.
12. How to Contact Us